Welcome to our class page! We currently have 29 wonderful children in this class who are all keen and ready to learn!
Our classroom environment supports and celebrates all of our work and achievements. Each week, we have a reader, writer, mathematician and presentation award. The children are presented with certificates and they are allowed to choose a prize from the treat box. We also have English, Maths and Topic boards that display the children’s fantastic work and change throughout the year. We also get lots of stickers for showing good learning behaviours and we get star cards for doing super work and trying our best.
We enjoy learning lots of new and exciting things. In the mornings, we have Reading Workshop, Phonics, Grammar, Literacy and Maths. In the afternoons, we have topic RE, Science and PE sessions. Please click on the links/documents if you would like to see more about what we are doing. PE is taught regularly and we also have lots of other extra sporting activities that happen in school so please ensure your child has a full PE kit in school at all times.
Newsletters are sent out each half term to update you on what we will be learning.
Our Trips and Enrichment Activities
- Autumn Term 2 (RE Link) – a trip to one of the local churches to learn more about the Christmas story and Christmas celebrations.
General Class Information
- We understand the importance of reading and the children read in school every day. Reading books are sent home and are changed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Please listen to your child read and discuss what they have learnt before signing your child’s reading diary.
- Homework is sent on Fridays. There will be a phonics investigation, maths activity and reading activity each week. There will be a weekly spelling test linked to the previous weeks’ phonics investigations.
- Show and Tell time is on Friday afternoons. These sessions are important to us as it gives the children the opportunity to share news with the rest of the class. The children are encouraged to bring things to show that are linked to our topics or tell others about any exciting news they may have.
- We do like to hear about what your child’s achievements outside of school! If they receive awards for swimming, dance, sports activities or for any other interests, please let us know and send in their certificates and awards. These can be presented and celebrated in our Friday celebration assemblies.
Thank you for your continued support
Mrs Barnett and Mrs Windsor